Friday, July 17, 2009

GET R DONE FRIDAY......ANOTHER BABY PROJECT



Today over at corgi-express is GET R DONE FRIDAY!

AMAZING how the news that I am going to be a Grammy has caused this ol' gal to turn her house upside down! AND...stop ALL other projects and work with my Daughter (MOMMY-to-Be Janelle) on the BABYS room! Finally the bedding has been purchased. It is called SUGAR PLUM! As visions of SUGAR PLUMS and a baby girl dance thru our head...we have decided to paint the room a very light purple! The bedding features a butterfly....PERFECT for us as we "flutter" in "utter" delight!
The colors in the bedding are delightful...we have the room primed and ready to paint (another Get r done project) and she is just deciding on the perfect shade of purple.......
And talking about shade...there are lamp shades to be enhanced....perhaps with gingham ribbon to match the bedding...or perhaps we will find the perfect "baby bling" to accent the shades of the chandelier (which I might add was black when I purchased it from a garage sale for a whopping $7.00) or perhaps we'll use gingham ribbon and add bows to the shades.....
We also have purchased a roll of the wallpaper to use in the room...but not on the walls...we're cutting it up and using it to decorate sweet accents in the room! I know it is hard to make out my pictures but we have a night light with a shade to cover too...another Get R Done project!!!!!!!
Once the walls are painted we've decided that Grammy (sigh) may be faux painting a few things...Mommy has asked for branches and butterflies over the babys crib! Oh...how fun!
Well ladies as you see I have my work cut out for me and have plenty of future Get R DONE projects to share but for now this Grammy is going get BUSY.....but I promise to share with you all these projects along the way!
Please click HERE to go over and see the list of gals participating at Monicas.
Happy Get R DONE Friday!


7 comments:

  1. It's fun to see what Granny is getting to do! I missed out on all of the hussle and bussle of new grand babies, since my children live in Wisc. and Illinois. :( It makes being a grandma a challenge - not as much fun with the distance, and getting to know the wee ones when you only see them twice a year - that is so hard! I did enjoy having the oldest (7) for a week this summer, she was a delight, if you read my blog postings about her visit with me. I do miss her, but was able to relax immediately from that high energy once she left. But, the hole in my heart remains....Thanks for joining in today, and hope you will post again next Friday with us!!! You're the BEST! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are going to be real busy LOL! Thanks for stopping by my blog and the nice comments. Can't wait to see what you are going to "Get R Done"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun isn't it.

    OK. I brought my paint brush. Are you giving me walls to paint??
    Have a few of my own to do too.

    Thanks for coming by,
    and for mentioning project Friday.

    Blessings,
    Barbara Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it fun to be Granny and how lucky for you your Daughter wants your help, I'm afraid my DIL's wanted their Mom's help. When my youngest Grandson was born they were in process of building a new house, DIL and I had talked about doing a farm scene on his wall, but her Mom talked her out of it..."you'll just have to repaint in a year or 2"...booo...so she just painted it a boring blue. Her little girl got the guess room which was painted a pale blue and DIL decided to just add curtain's and stuff rather than paint and of course her Mom got to help her pick out everything.
    My oldest GS's Mom wouldn't let anyone helping her. She didn't do much. But when his Dad finally got him at 9, I got to redo his whole room in black and white race track design...oh how much fun that was.
    Can't wait to see this room when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your having fun, aren't you? Another idea is to paste a bit of wallpaper on a trashcan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that Mozilla is a memory, and I can comment again...here goes lil' Missy!
    Love what you're doing in the baby's room, such pretty girly colors.
    You're the most clever gal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is obvious that you are having a great time as a Grammy to be. What fun!

    ReplyDelete