Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Take Time to Tinker Tuesday

Today girls I intend to...Take Time to Tinker.....well after I get some running done....well maybe! My dear friend the Ol' Dame Penniwig sent me a box of goodies.......in the box was a tripod for my camera....and lots of trims and fabric for more Frannie dolls! She is such a kind Ol' Gal....and if I never learn to take "professional" Photographs...lol...I will at least LOOK professional!
I was also gifted this past weekend with a Digital Photography for DUMMIES book from my daughter. Yep...says right there are the cover...and NO, I don't expect you can see it, LOL...do you think I have read the MACRO thingy part yet?..
.But it says MAKING EVERYTHING EASIER!
Yep....so I thought EASY_PEAZY, I'll just take a little pic of my goodies...download...or is that upload them to my puter...hit the easy button...and TA-DAAAAAA....

So then after the looking at JPEG compression
file format
balance options
light exposure,
resolution
tiff exposure
pixels, MEGA pixels
I decide to HIT the EASY button...and shoot...
well shoot me know...that is!
I have now flipped thru the entire dummy book, flipped thru my Camera Instuction book...and NOPE can't find the EASY button ANYWHERE! Now don't think I have all day here girls to tinker around...even thought I have named today TINKER TUESDAY! I need to post these pictures and get on my way....
Now I am thinking perhaps this "once touch button" as I upperdownload these pictures may be the EASY Button I have been looking for! So I happily CLICK...no Focus...not setting flash,no waiting for the green box to come on,and the red light to go off.....
Well once into the ONE TOUCH TRANSFER...look at what you can do....CROP EM, PUT A CIRCLE ON THEM, MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE A CARTOON....ADD HIGHTLIGHTS....LOOK OUT NOW GIRLFRIENDS!!!!!!
You can even flip these pics upside down like you meant to...and I flipped one,just for you to see my new found skills.....
I even fixed the red-eye on this one ladies!
Well not to keep a boring..uninformative post longer than it needs to be...I need to upload my self out of this chair, drag and drop myself over to the Walmart...grab a few things off the G-pegs (grocery pegs for those of you that don't know all this technical stuff)! I'm gonna SCAN the shelves for an EASY button...do you suppose one of those folks in the blue vest that says "Can I help" you will know where they are located?
And now I am off...hopefully my MEMORY CARD has remembered what I need on my list...
Oh well...if not I will just re-read the cover of my Digital Photography for Dummies book cover...it claims to make EVERYTHING Easier!

7 comments:

  1. You are so funny! But oh, Lady Jane, can I identify with you or what! I never change the settings on my camera because I'm afraid, too, and I can only do minimal things. LOL!

    When you figure it all out, call me and give me lessons, too! :-)

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lady Jane...looks like you are getting into all kinds of mischief with yer camera...I can never figure out those "Dummies" books, either...always think "I WAS a dummy to pay for that book!" I'm still looking for a book that says "...For the Utterly Hopeless" in the title, maybe I could handle that...but look, at least the photos are now coming out of yer camera -- you know, downloading or uploading or whatever they're doing...that's progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane you make me laugh so much!! Thank you, I needed it!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny gal you (:)Great post~
    Oh I know what you mean I was 58 before I got to be a grandma..that is really late~!!!
    But I am happy I finally got to be one.. better late then never~~
    I hope you get to be a Granny soon..
    hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tech-no-color-a-thing-a-ma-gig-a, whata? whoa? wherea? Whena?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wherefore art thou, Lady Jane? The blog circuit is not the same without you! I miss you! Hope things are okay with the Queen Mother...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So now I have to ask, what is the signifigance of the lovely Tudor Lady Jane personna? And a great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete